You’re tired of renting. You’re about to have a baby and expand your family. Your kids have all moved out and now it’s time to down-size (or get that mansion of your dreams!). You want to settle down and plant some roots. You need a bigger backyard for your furry friends. You want to increase your net worth.
All are excellent reasons for wanting to buy a home. But do all these reasons mean it’s the right time to buy? There are many other things to consider when shopping for a home, such as how the housing market is performing, if interest rates are rising or falling, and what loan programs are available to help you purchase your home. In some cases, waiting to buy may actually cost you more than holding out for the “right” time.
Find out what you can afford.
Get Pre-Approved with our online application tool in as little as 8 minutes.
Consider some of these factors below to determine when you should buy your new home:
- Do you have enough for a down payment? Depending on the Loan Program that best fits your financial situation, you will need to save 3% – 20% of the home price for a down payment.
- Are you waiting to see how low interest rates can get before pulling the trigger? Waiting for a lower interest rate could be a gamble. Rates are volatile and aren’t guaranteed to change one way or another, even in a season of declining rates.
- A lower interest rate doesn’t necessarily mean lower mortgage payments. If rates go down, home prices could go up, which means a higher down payment for you, and possibly higher monthly mortgage payments.
- If prices and rates both increase, it could be more difficult to qualify for a home.
- Your mortgage payment could be the same if you lock in an interest rate today rather than wait for a lower payment and end up with a higher-priced home.
These are just a few things to keep in mind when deciding if now is the best time to buy a home. To see what kind of interest rate and home price work for you and your financial situation, you can use a Mortgage Calculator or contact a mortgage professional today.
Questions About Home Buying?
Talk to one of our mortgage professionals to learn more about financing your new home today.
Why Jet HomeLoans?
At Jet HomeLoans we understand that buying a home is an important, life-changing event. That’s why we’re here to help make your dreams of homeownership a reality. We’re focused on providing you with the highest quality customer service and loan expertise. From our first conversation, to the first steps you take into your new home (and beyond), we’re here for you. We’ll listen to your needs and provide you with a wealth of resources to make the home loan process simple and stress-free.
We offer a vast selection of loan programs, easy-to-use tools, and friendly and personalized service to ensure a convenient and stress-free home loan journey. Clear and constant communication and timely status updates will keep you informed and reassured throughout the entire home loan process. So, if you’re ready to invest in your future, let Jet HomeLoans help you land the home of your dreams.
All information presented is for educational purposes only and not intended as financial advice.